Saturday, May 1, 2010

LX SETH IS BRINGING SEXY BACK!


LX Seth is back, and he is ready to make more kick ass music yet again! The talented singer from Durban, also known as Arish Sirkissoon (born 21 June 1984) has soared to become one of South Africa’s most accomplished musicians of note. By achieving international recognition in signing with the largest recording label in India: T-SERIES INDIA, coupled with number one smash hits such as ‘Turn me on’ featured on his debut album ‘Off the Hook’, Mr. Seth has become a successful and symbolic phenomenon creating an entirely unique niche in the intercontinental music industry. The established singer has performed and worked with a variety of other South African musicians such as Melanie Lowe; Jae; Pitch Black Afro, and DJ Roxxi to name a few.

Durban’s Gossip Girl (moi) had the pleasure of interviewing Mr. Seth and here is the low down on the local hottie:

1. Why the name LX Seth, is there any meaning behind it?

It’s a traditional name from India. It was written on an ancestor’s tree, so I thought it was destiny and adopted it as a name. It’s worked out for me. (D.G.G: interesting, interesting)

2. At which point in your life did you realise that you wanted to pursue music as a career? And why?

When I was a little boy, I found myself playing around and mixing music on old tape recorders. One day I recorded my voice and played it for friends, and they loved it. I started off as a producer, releasing underground albums, then I recorded my debut album, which got signed to India’s largest recording label T-SERIES, the rest is history.

3. What have been your influences in choosing the style of music that you perform?

I’m highly influenced by the late Michael Jackson. In fact I had tickets to see him just before he died, I was going to fly to London and see him at his show VIP. I was shooting a music video when he died, u can’t believe the pain I felt. Anyways, I know he is in a better place; this world is not a place for saints.

4. Do you write your own lyrics and if so where do you draw your inspiration and motivation?

Yes, I write all my own music, I draw my inspiration from love, life and my past. We all have demons inside us, mine just makes beautiful music.

5. What is the motto that you live by?

"It’s what I hear, but can’t see that defines me"… Don’t be fooled by vision, its overrated (laughs)

6. Best advice ever given to you?

The head of Universal once told me, SETH, there are going to be people who hate you, try to bring you down, they will say nasty things, but you keep your head up and move forward. I did not understand what he meant in the start, but when my debut went to number 1 on channel O, I felt the negativity, mostly from people in the industry. Jealously is a bad emotion. (D.G.G.: wise words, I love the name dropping!)

7. What was the first song that you ever sang?

I think it was Modern Talking “Brother Louie” (laugh out loud). My parents love to tell the story of how it came on the television and I started singing to it, I was three. (D.G.G: cute)

8. If you could open up for any South African singer/band on tour right now, who/which would it be? And international choice?

On an international level I would love to open for Justin Timberlake, his crowds are insane. No inspirations locally. We just had a number one single in the states on 101 distribution.com, so Justin is not too far away.

9. What are the 3 things that you can’t live without?

My cell phone, my car, my mom… (D.G.G: 3 tweets!)

10. Are you single or in a relationship?

(laughs out loud), I don’t like to answer those types of questions. My private life should be private … Sorry [D.G.G: Oh the air of mystery...sorry girls...I will use my super gossip girl powers to get the scoop soon! (wink wink)]

11. Favourite food?

I love anything with potatoes, backed potatoes, wedges, chips, O.M.G!! I’m hungry now! (D.G.G: Snap! Hand this guy a bag of chips!)

12. Favourite hang out in Durban?

FESTISH lounge, just so elegant, smooth, fresh, the management is awesome. (D.G.G: Sweet!)

13. In five years time you will be….?

The number one recording artist overseas, from South Africa. (D.G.G: confident and positive...I like!)

14. Do you have anything new to advertise/make public, performances/gigs lined up?

I just shot a music video at FETISH LOUNGE last night, the video is by Lucid Media. The video is going to be insane. (D.G.G: excellent!)

Well there you have it. This singer/performer/producer is taking on the South African music industry by storm and is ready to rock the music charts from coast to coast…a sure force to be reckoned with. Watch this space!

Durban’s
Gossip Girl…xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment